Sunday, August 29, 2010

Why I chose Ghana

Generally speaking, when I make up my mind about something I do everything in my power to make it happen. More frequently not, I have no idea how I reached the conclusion I have come to. It is the same thing with why I decided to go to Vanderbilt. No matter how many times people ask me why I came all the way from California to Nashville, I still do not really know the answer. When something feels right, I can just tell and go off of that gut feeling. After becoming an ENGAGE scholar and learning I had $5,000 dollars for a summer project, I had that same gut feeling. I knew I wanted to go to Africa. I talked to a few people and came across Projects Abroad's program in Ghana. The fact that it included an internship directed specifically at nursing students sold me. As quick as that, I had made up my mind that I would go to Ghana. I still had no idea what I was really getting myself into except that I was embarking on a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment